State Multi Event Championships
Day 1 – Saturday 20th January 2024, 5.00pm – 8.00pm (U13-U15 Athletes Only)
Day 2 – Sunday 21st January 2024, 10.00am – 4.00pm (U9 -U15 Athletes)
Penguin Athletics Track, Penguin
The multi-event will consist of the following events:
GIRLS: 200 metres, sprint hurdles, 800 metres, long jump, shot put, javelin, high jump. (Javelin & High Jump for U13 – U15 athletes only)
BOYS: 100 metres, sprint hurdles, 800 metres, long jump, discus, javelin, high jump (Javelin & High Jump for U13 – U15 athletes only)
Athletes may do either the Individual or Team Multi-Event Championship or they may elect to do both. Entry to teams events will be done via your Centre.
Conditions of Entry – Little Athletics Tasmania Multi-Event Championships
- All athletes must be registered with Little Athletics Tasmania to be eligible to compete.
- The Combined Event Championships are for registered Under 9 – Under 15 athletes. Both individual and team Combined Event Championships will be offered for these age groups.
- Details of online entries will be sent to all eligible athletes in December 2023. Entry cost is $25.00 per athlete to compete in the Championships.
- Entries close on Sunday 14th January 2024 at midnight. No late entries will be accepted. Entries must be completed via the online registration portal.
- LATas name bib and Coles age patch must be displayed on the front of the competition top.
- Failure to have correct uniform may lead to disqualification of athlete.
- Centre/Club uniform MUST be worn.
- Medals will be awarded to the first three place getters in each age group/gender in both the individual and team events.
Combined Event Scoring System
All combined events are currently calculated through ResultsHQ and are based on the athletes best trial for each event using a formula (not a points table).
Under 9 – Under 12 Athletes
- Since 2022-23 with the introduction of ResultsHQ for State events, Under 9 – Under 12 age groups have used the Little Athletics NSW formulas.
- These formulas are scaled by age and gender for State championships and may not be suitable for Centre combined events due to minimum standards which results in “0” points.
- There are no minimum points for an event.
- The NSW formulas are similar, but not exactly the same as points scored for events prior to season 2022-23 which used a points table system.
Under 13 – Under 15 Athletes
- These age groups use the standard IAAF formulas for Combined Events, these are the same formulas as used for men and women in World Athletics.
- LATas has used this calculation method for several years for these age groups for State championships.
Further information regarding the Combned Event Championships scoring system are available on the LATas website.
Registration for the 2023-24 State Multi Event Championships will open soon!!
Event Information Book available soon
Entry Lists available at close of entries